Student Accommodation Investment & Development
Our team provides strategic advice from site identification, planning support and development consultancy to disposal and acquisition. Our experts have long-standing relationships with developers, investors, operators, universities and lenders.
Whether it is agency, valuation, consultancy, research or advice on long or short term strategies we will be pleased to help you.
Investment agency disposal and acquisition
Estate strategies and procurement with universities
Management through the OJEU process to disposal/delivery of student accommodation
Structuring of lease and nomination agreements
Portfolio rationalisation and strategic advice
UK Case Studies
Beach House Oxford
- Prime development situated opposite Oxford Brookes University’s Headington campus.
- The development contains 167 beds
- The scheme benefitted from a 5 year nominations agreement to OBU.
- The scheme was agreed on a forward funding basis and will complete in September 2017.
- Deal Price £20,033,000
- The portfolio comprised five trading assets in Leicester, Portsmouth and Exeter and was managed by Campbell Property.
- Altogether the scheme has 711 beds
- The assets were uniquely designed and appealed strongly to the domestic market.
- The assets were sold on an off-market basis to ESP for a deal price of £26,690,000
St Mungos Avenue, Glasgow
- This asset is opposite the University of Strathclyde campus.
- The asset has 349 beds and was sold to a private investor.
- The scheme sold on a forward funding basis.
- The scheme will be delivered for 2018-19 academic year.
Victoria Point, Manchester
- This trading asset offered an exciting opportunity to drive additional value through refurbishment and re-working of the income.
- The scheme created a lot of interest in the market and the opportunity benefitted from competitive building.
- Other key selling points were an extremely prohibitive planning environment in Manchester which insulates values against future supply.
EU Case Studies
Development: Crosslane / Bauer Capital JV, Germany
- Size: 5,000 beds
- Transaction: Development and refurbishment of student accommodation in Germany
Valuation: Colegio Mayor Galileio Galilei Hall of Residence, Avenida de los Naranjos, Valencia, Spain
- Floor area: 23,411.74 sq m
- Number of rooms: 408
- Date of construction: 1997
- Purpose of valuation: international accounts
Valuation: The Fizz, Germany
- Number of beds: 930
- 3 assets in Bremen, Berlin and Frankfurt
- 87m Euros
- Purpose of valuation: fund valuation
Valuation: Victus European Student Accommodation Fund UK and Northern European University Cities
- Appointed as fund valuers in 2013
- Fund valuations carried out on a monthly basis and ngoing valuations conducted on individual assets
- The fund is investing in both mature property and development opportunities in major university cities
Source: savills.co.uk | Originally published on: 09/08/2017 | See the original post on savills.co.uk