Statement for Certified High Net Worth Individual
I declare that I am a certified high net worth individual for the purposes of the Financial
Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2005.
I understand that this means:
(a) I can receive financial promotions that may not have been approved by a person
authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority;
(b) the content of such financial promotions may not conform to rules issued by the
Financial Conduct Authority;
(c) by signing this statement I may lose significant rights;
(d) I may have no right to complain to either of the following –
- the Financial Conduct Authority; or
- the Financial Ombudsman Scheme; and
(e) I may have no right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation
I am a certified high net worth individual because at least one of the following applies:-
(a) I had, during the financial year immediately preceding the date below, an annual
income to the value of £100,000 or more; or
(b) I held, throughout the financial year immediately preceding the date below, net assets
to the value of £250,000 or more.
“Net Assets” for these purposes do not include:-
- the property which is my primary residence or any loan secured on that residence;
- (any rights of mine under a qualifying contract of insurance within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Regulated Activities) Order 2001(a); or
- any benefits (in the form of pensions or otherwise) which are payable on the termination of my service or on my death or retirement and to which I am (or my dependants are), or may be, entitled.