Statement for Self-Certified Sophisticated Investor
I declare that I am a self-certified sophisticated investor for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act (Financial Promotion) Order 2005.
I understand that this means:
- a) I can receive financial promotions that may not have been approved by a person authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- b) the content of such financial promotions may not conform to rules issued by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- c) by signing this statement I may lose significant rights;
- d) I may have no right to complain to either of the following
- the Financial Conduct Authority; or
- the Financial Ombudsman Scheme; and
- e) I may have no right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
I am a self-certified sophisticated investor because at least one of the following applies:
- I am a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least the last six months prior to the date below;
- I have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years prior to the date below;
- I am working, or have worked in the two years prior to the date below, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises;
- I am currently, or have been in the two years prior to the date below, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.